Recently, my nephews and nieces voted me as the coolest aunt ever, and I knew that this title would certainly be contested by my competitive sisters. I sought out games that we could all play together and would be appropriate. After much research, I decided to go for the Dynasty Toys Laser Tag Blaster and Robot Nano Bug Striker.
Finally, I brought it home for our fortnightly game night, and I cannot even explain how excited they were and how the whole family wanted to join in playing the game. The moving bug is the target, so the point is to shoot the target in order to make the bug flip.
The Good: Pros of the Dynasty Toys Laser Tag Blaster and Robot Nano Bug Striker
- Comes with the collectible storage case which makes it last long without damage. Sometimes the kids get rough, but this serves as a protector.
- The game is capable of a laser range exceeding 120 feet. Wow!
- I liked the fact that all players, regardless of age, were able to enjoy this game.
- The infrared (non-visible) lights emitted from the toys were safe for the kids. I’m super paranoid about that kind of thing. Upon research, I discovered the toys had been pre-tested by a third-party laser product safety facility and have been determined to emit less than 1mW (.0496mW) power output. In plain terms, it is super safe.
- The game allows one to practice your aim at your own convenience, so you’ll be sharp and prepared when the laser tag family battle comes together.
The Bad: Cons of the Dynasty Toys Laser Tag Blaster and Robot Nano Bug Striker
- The game is awesome, but since there’s only one set, you get a lot of waiting around. And we all know kids are not known for being patient. You can purchase more if you’d like, but then you may as well purchase a set of laser tag guns and have an all-out backyard laser tag fight.
So although this set doesn’t replace laser tag, it’s a fun game to help hone your skills for when the real contest hits.
Check out what others have to say on Amazon.